Ministry of Home Affairs Released The List Of Top 10 Police Stations In India For 2020
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 4 Dec 2020, 11:26 am IST
- 2 minutes read
Manipur’s Nongpok Sekmai police station bagged the 1st place in the top 10 best performing police station list released by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Manipur's Nongpok Sekmai police station bags the first place
On Thursday, the Ministry of Home Affairs released the list of top 10 police stations in India for the year 2020. The list has been released according to Prime Minister Modi’s direction while he addressed the 2015 Director General of Police (DGP) conference in Kutch, Gujarat.
According to the press release issued by the ministry, the survey was conducted under “challenging circumstances” due to the Covid pandemic. Surprisingly this year, police stations from small towns and rural areas have come in the vast majority which was also pointed by Home Minister Amit Shah. No police station belonging to any metropolitan city in India got a chance to enter the list of top 10 performing police stations in 2020.
As per the release, top 10 performing police stations were selected out of a total of 16,671 police stations. For the second phase 75 police stations were shortlisted out of which the top 10 police stations were selected.
Nongpok Sekmai police station in Thoubal district of Manipur bagged the first spot whereas, Telangana’s Karimnagar district’s Jammikunta town police station managed to bag the tenth position.
Here are India’s top 10 police stations for the year 2020:
1. Nongpok Sekmai (Thoubal, Manipur)
2. AWPS-Suramangalam (Salem, Tamil Nadu)
3. Kharsang (Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh)
4. Jhilmili (Surajpur, Chhattisgarh)
5. Sanguem (South Goa, Goa)
6. Kalighat (North and Middle Andaman, Andaman and Nicobar Islands)
7. Pakyong (East district, Sikkim)
8. Kanth (Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh)
9. Khanvel (Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Dadra and Nagar Haveli)
10. Jammikunta Town (Karimnagar, Telangana)
Many officials also appreciated the police stations belonging to their state or districts which have been selected in the top 10 list released by the government of India.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY Covid Made This IAS The Father Of Various Inven...
- NEXT STORY An IAS Making Rural Women Self-Reliant