A Bureaucrat for All Seasons
- Raghav Goyal
- Published on 30 Aug 2021, 1:14 pm IST
- 2 minutes read
- In this long 35 years of being an IIS officer, Mr. Frank Noronha had an experience of working with four Prime Ministers: Rajiv Gandhi, VP Singh, Chandrasekar, and Narasimha Rao.
- He served in various media units of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting and headed the Press Information Bureau (PIB) as well as the Directorate of Advertisement and Publicity (DAVP) in Karnataka.
- During his stint, he also wrote speeches for the President of India and draft speeches for the PMs.
- A veteran bureaucrat recalls his amazing life
Mr. Frank Noronha was not even in the first standard when he once had an interaction with his father, who was a big follower of the then Prime Minister Late Ms. Indira Gandhi. The PM had come for a public rally in their town in Karnataka and his father didn’t want to miss the chance to see her speak. Frank was very young when he saw the carcade of the PM curiously, as he asked his dad, “Father can you be in one of those cars one day? His father smiled and replied, “You can go when you become big if you rise up to that level.”
That was just a small incident that happened long ago, but Mr. Frank Noronha never thought that he would be a part of the same cavalcade when he grows up. However, the prophecy came through and Mr. Noronha got selected in the Indian Information Service (IIS) in 1982.
The scene is still vivid in his mind as he speaks to Indian Masterminds in an exclusive interview.
In the first part of the video (already uploaded), Mr. Noronha spoke about his journey of getting into the prestigious civil services. In this second edition of the interview, he talks about the second chapter of his life as a bureaucrat and his experience of working with four Prime Ministers and the President of India during service.
Please click on the link below for the video:
END OF THE ARTICLE