A Chiildhood Friend One Wound’t Want To Remember…
- Pallavi Priya
- Published on 30 Apr 2023, 9:18 am IST
- 2 minutes read
- Back in the day, this CGST officer rubbed shoulders with Shri Prakash Shukla
- After failing a class, Shukla joined Dr. Kundan Yadav as a classmate
- Now Additional Commissioner (CGST) Chandigarh, Mr. Yadav even taught Shukla to ride bikes
Call it his fate that this erudite IRS officer had the chance to move in the same circle as UP’s once most dreaded gangster, Shri Prakash Shukla, notorious for his 99 murders, including political ones. Shukla had even threatened then CM Kalyan Singh.
But it was all before Shukla took the wrong path and ended up in a body bag in 1998 after being killed in an encounter by UP’s Special Task Force.
Dr. Kundan Yadav, the Additional Commissioner (CGST) Chandigarh and Shukla were classmate in a school in Gorakhpur. Though Dr. Yadav was his junior, Shukla had failed once.
Shukla and Yadav also shared a love for wrestling and they both flexed muscles in akhada in Gorakhpur.
In high school, Shukla was like just any other teenager who would engage in fistfights with peers sometime. Dr. Yadav often was part of innocent scuffles as he went around with Shukla for the free thrills and teas.
Yadav even taught Shukla how to ride Bullet.
In an exclusive conversation with Indian Masterminds, Dr. Yadav who recently published his first collection of stories ‘Gandasa Guru Ki Shapath’ shared his memories from the days by the river and ‘akhada’ and also how they parted ways.
Watch the video here:
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY Dholes: Are We Forgetting the ‘Bad Boys...
- NEXT STORY New LIC Chairman Siddhartha Mohanty Will Be Its...