DRDO identifies 108 systems for industry to design and develop under Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 25 Aug 2020, 10:24 pm IST
- 2 minutes read
Prime Minister’s call for self-reliance when it comes to Defense has been heard and responded to, by the DRDO swiftly and positively
- The Minister of State for Labour and Employment (Independent Charge), Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar chairing the 182nd meeting of Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC), in New Delhi on August 20, 2020. The Secretary, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Shri Heeralal Samariya is also seen.
Partaking in the much talked about mission of the Prime Minister “Aatma Nirbhar Bharat”, The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) identified 108 systems as well as sub systems for the Indian Industry in order to enable them to design, develop and manufacture and help in paving its path towards the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat dream of the Prime Minister.
The assertive call given by the Prime Minister to attain self-reliance when it comes to Defense has been heard and responded to, by the DRDO swiftly and positively. The goal is to strengthen the defense ecosystem of the nation.
“A DRDO delegation met with Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh today to apprise him about 108 systems and subsystems which have been identified for designing and development by the Indian Industry only.” the statement added. This initiative will be a big step towards the manufacturing of various technologies that will help in building an Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
DRDO has promised to provide support to industries for the design, development and testing of their systems, on a requirement basis. According to the statement, “All the requirements of these systems by R&D establishments, Armed Forces, and other Security Agencies can be met through development contracts or production orders on suitable Indian industry. This will allow DRDO to focus on design &development of critical and advanced technologies and systems.”
The Minister of Defense claims that “Indian industry has progressed from a ‘build to print’ partner to ‘build to specification’ partner.” According to him the Indian Industry has matured successfully to a stage where they can now manufacture their own technologies, without any outside support.
DRDO is said to have taken major initiatives, by making the use of various policies to encompass the Indian Industry as Development cum Production Partners (DcPP). It has offered its technologies to the Industry at an inexpensive cost and has also provided free access to its patents.
Among the list of 108 systems, some key industries include:
- Mini and Micro UAVs
- Un-cooled NV-IR sights for weapons (short range)
- NBC Shelters
- Solo Vehicle Based Transporter cum Tilter System
- Anti-Terrorist Vehicle (ATV)
- Bullet Proof Vehicle
- Missile Canisters
- Missile Assembly Jigs and many more.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY APEDA signs MoUs with AFC India Ltd & NCUI...
- NEXT STORY Union Minister of State for Personnel felicitat...