N.K. Singh Appointed as President of IEG Society
- Raghav Goyal
- Published on 21 Aug 2021, 2:23 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- Mr N K Singh has been appointed as the President of the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) society.
- IEG is an autonomous, multidisciplinary centre for advanced research and training, founded in 1952 by the VKRV Rao.
- He will succeed former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh.
- Prominent administrator and policymaker, Mr N K Singh
Prominent administrator and policymaker, Mr. N K Singh has now been appointed as the President of the Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) society. He was the chairman of the Fifteenth Finance Commission. He has also been a member of the core group of advisors and strategists during India’s economic reforms of 1991 and had a long-serving career in several senior leadership positions in the Indian Administrative Service.
The discussion was made when former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh who has served as the President of IEG since 1992, stepped down from the position citing health grounds.
In a statement, Dr Singh quoted “… in the light of my advanced age and indifferent health I am having to withdraw from several active duties. I am afraid I will have to ask you to continue your journey with another leader. With this in mind, I would propose the name of my trusted and able friend Shri N.K. Singh, to lead IEG Society as its President.”
Presently, Professor Ajit Mishra is the Director of the institute and Tarun Das, former Director-General, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is the current Chairman, Board of Governors.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY A Former Civil Servant is now a Successful Film...
- NEXT STORY Major reshuffle in Punjab, 28 IPS and 15 IAS Sh...