Meet the Officer Heading Maharashtra’s Best Police Unit: Amitabh Gupta, IPS
- Jonali Buragohain
- Published on 17 Apr 2022, 10:25 am IST
- 2 minutes read
- Commissioner of Police, Pune City, Amitabh Gupta, speaks about the ‘Best Unit in Maharashtra’ award that his dept received for crime control and Covid work.
- He explains how they have leveraged social media to target crimes and connect well with the people of Pune, especially women, to make them feel safe.
- He also talks about his experience of working in Mantralaya as Principal Secretary, Home Dept, as it is not every day that an IPS officer gets to do that.
In this exclusive video interview to Indian Masterminds, Commissioner of Police, Pune City, Mr. Amitabh Gupta, speaks freely on a host of topics, not limiting himself to only policing. He starts off by answering our question on why Pune City Police got the ‘Best Unit in Maharashtra’ award and explains the various initiatives of the department to control crime to help Pune live up to its name of being a safe city, especially for women.
The 1992-batch IPS officer reflects on his career and calls it a highly satisfying journey so far. He speaks of his days in the Mantralaya as Principal Secretary, Home Department – a rare experience for an IPS officer. However, it is the district that sparks his enthusiasm. “Every policeman loves to be in uniform and on the field,” he says.
Watch the full interview to know, not just the Police Commissioner of Pune, but also, the man behind the officer, the IIT Kanpur electrical engineering student, the young UPSC aspirant… as we retrace his steps from his police uniform days to his school uniform days, from case diaries days to NCERT books days.
Watch the full video interview here:
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY IAS Vikram Dev Dutt Will Be New CMD, Air India ...
- NEXT STORY Full of Vision, With a Mission: Beno Zephine, I...