Why IFS Lost Out To IAS As First Choice of UPSC Toppers
- Sharad Gupta
- Published on 22 May 2023, 4:47 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- More and more successful UPSC CSE toppers have been opting for the IAS
- The IFS, so far considered as the elite service, has been related to the third spot
- In this video interview, Indian Masterminds tried to find out the reasons for the change
Ever since the beginning, the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) used to be the first choice of the toppers in the UPSC Civil Services Exam. It was considered an elite service and only cream de la cream used to opt for it. IAS and IPS used to be taken by those who couldn’t get into the IFS.
Times have changed. There apparently is a paradigm shift in the structure of civil services because of which successful candidates’ choices too have changed. Now, IFS is no more the natural first choice of the toppers. Most of the toppers have increasingly been opting for the IAS. The IPS is emerging as the second choice and IFS has been relegated to third place.
Indian Masterminds tried to fathom the reason for the changes by speaking to experts. Please watch the video to find out.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY Punjab : Bhupinder Singh Posted As Director, DIPR
- NEXT STORY Welcoming Jungle Safari in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan