IPS Officer to Get Gallantry Award For Bravely Fighting With Sundarban Pirates
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 11 Mar 2022, 11:52 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- West Bengal IPS Officer Who Fought With Sundarban Pirates in Water to Get Gallantry Award
2013 batch IPS officer of West Bengal cadre Arijit Sinha is receiving the gallantry award for showing exemplary bravery against Sundarban pirates in water. He fought and nabbed pirates in River Malta in the year of 2017.
In 2017, he was appointed as West Bengal IPS Officer at that time. Secret sources in department got the news that Bangladeshi pirates are about to enter through the Sundarbans area. Upon receiving the news, Bengali IPS Sinha decided to launch the operation at midnight. After a long battle, the pirates jumped into the river and tried to escape. IPS Sinha did not agree to accept the bug.
Amid a gunbattle, the pirates jumped into the river, and Sinha too followed. The team, led by Sinha, chased the pirates in a speed boat for 40 minutes and caught seven of them.
People of Sunderbans are happy that Sinha will receive the award for his heroic deed.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY Senior IAS and Ex-Financial Services Secretary ...
- NEXT STORY Where Her Father Failed, She Succeeded: The Sto...