Ultra Marathon Runner Vijay Kumar, IRS Sets Another Record
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 30 Aug 2022, 5:00 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- IRS officer Vijay Kumar Singh sets record as the first ever civil servant to clock second highest time for an Indian runner in Comrades Marathon in South Africa.
- IRS Officer Mr. Vijay Kumar Singh @ world toughest and Highest Marathon Ladakh marathon 2017, where he was winner in open category
Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer, Vijay Kumar Singh, become the first civil servant to complete the Ultra Human Race in South Africa and also become the second Indian to clock the highest time in the marathon. He is the first bureaucrat to complete the Boston Marathon in the US (twice) and the Comrades Marathon in South Africa.
The 2004 batch IRS officer who was recently promoted as Commissioner of Income Tax (CIT), and is currently posted at the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) in Ahmedabad, participated in the 40-49 years age category, clocking 8:22:51, ranking 1103 overall and 448 in his category.
Singh completed the 90 km ultra marathon from Pietermaritzburg to Durban and became a Bill Rowan medal recipient on Sunday for com- pleting the race within 9 hours.
Out of 15,997 runners who entered the race, only 11,704 com- pleted it. In the 40-49 male category, of the 5,399 runners who entered the race, only 4,104 completed it with an average time of 10:10:35, almost 2 hours more than Singh.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY Visually Impaired Candidates Appointed to IAS b...
- NEXT STORY MP Sendhwa Forest Dept Pulls Off Biggest Illega...