Maharashtra Police: 40 IPS Officers Transferred in a Major Reshuffle
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 24 Aug 2021, 5:29 pm IST
- 2 minutes read
- The transferred officers include the ranks from addition director general to deputy commissioner of the police.
The Maharashtra Police department has transferred around 40 senior IPS officers, which include the ranks from addition director general to deputy commissioner of the police.
In a major reshuffle in the Maharashtra Police, the state crime and investigation department (CID) and the prison department got its new chief.
- Atulchandra Kulkarni, Additional Director General, who was heading the state CID, is now the new chief of prison and correctional service. He is replaced be ADG Ritesh Kumar.
- Praveen Salunkhe, Special Inspector General of state has been promoted to ADG rank, with the responsibilities of special operations.
- The state economic offences wing will now be headed by Inspector General Madhukar Pandey who has been promoted to ADG rank.
- Rajvardhan Sinha, who earlier headed EOW as Joint Commissioner, is now the chief of city traffic police.
- Yashashvi Yadav, who was earlier heading city traffic police has now been sent back to his earlier post of Special IG of the state cyber police.
- Niket Kaushik, present EOW of Mumbai has been promoted to ADG rank. However, he has been ordered to continue with the post of EOW.
- Praveen Padwal, the additional commissioner in Mumbai Traffic Police has been moved to North region as Additional Commissioner. He has been replaced by South Mumbai’s Additional Commissioner Satya Narayan. Whereas, Satya Narayan is being replaced by North Mumbai Additional Commissioner, Dilip Sawant.
- Sunil Kohle, Mumbai Police’s intelligence wing head has also been shifted to state intelligence department on the same rank.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY IAS Officers Baldeep Kaur and Senu Duggal Desig...
- NEXT STORY Nashik Top Cop Commands Immediate Arrest of Nar...