Lets Fight Coronavirus Together: Prime Minister Modi
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 8 Oct 2020, 8:46 pm IST
- 2 minutes read
Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi has launched a fresh public movement against the deadly coronavirus. A concerted action plan in this regard will be implemented by the Centre and the State Government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Appealing all Indians to unite in the “fight against corona’’, Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi on Thursday launched a public movement in this regard.
According to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office, “in a tweet, the Prime Minister appealed everyone to unite in the fight against Corona. Reiterating the key message of `wear a mask, wash hands, follow social distancing and practice do gaj ki doori’, the Prime Minister said together we will succeed and win against the Covid-19.
The official statement of the PMO, released to the media by the Press Information Bureau (PIB), said that the campaign was being launched with the aim to encourage People’s Participation. Under the campaign, a COVID-19 Pledge will be taken by all. The statement held that “ A Concerted Action Plan will be implemented by Central Government Ministries/ Departments and State Governments/ Union Territories with the following highlights:
- “ Region- specific targeted communication in high case-load districts.
- Simple and easily understandable messages to reach every citizen
- Dissemination throughout the country using all media platforms
- Banners and Posters at public places; involving Frontline workers and Targeting Beneficiaries of Government Schemes
- Hoardings/ wall paintings/ electronic display boards in government premises
- Involvement of Local and National influencers to drive home the message
- Running mobile vans for regular awareness generation
- Audio messages; pamphlets/ brochures on awareness
- Seeking support of Local Cable Operators for running COVID messages
- Coordinated media campaign across platforms for effective outreach and impact.’’
END OF THE ARTICLE