CIL signed a CBM extraction contract under Chairman, Pramod Agarwal
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 22 Sep 2021, 5:55 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- Contract for CBM extraction in Jharia region signed by CIL’s subsidiary, BCCL along with a CBM developer company.
- The contract signing was virtually attended by Pramod Agarwal, Chairman of CIL.
- Pramod Agarwal (Credit: Social Media)
New Delhi: Bharat Coking Coal Limited (BCCL), Coal India Limited(CIL)’s subsidiary has signed a revenue sharing contract with CBM developer Prabha Energy Private Limited for the commercial extraction of Coal Bed Methane (CBM) on Monday. Official statements confirmed that the contract is worth around ₹1,880 crore tentatively and involves CBM extraction from Jharia Block 1, Jharkhand. Central Mine Planning &Design Institute Limited (CMPDI), CIL’s Ranchi-based consultancy arm, has been assigned to oversee the project.
CIL Chairman & Managing Director, Pramod Agarwal and Binay Dayal, Technical Director, CIL were present virtually during the contract signing. Mr. Agarwal belongs to the 1991 IAS batch of the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
The CBM extraction in Jharia Block 1 spreads over an area of 27 square Km. approximately, having a resource of around 25 Billion Cubic metres (BCM).
The project has been scheduled in three phases. This project of CBM extraction is part of CIL’s diversification portfolio under clean coal initiatives.
END OF THE ARTICLE