Now 200 IPS will be selected from UPSC CSE
- Indian Masterminds Bureau
- Published on 9 Feb 2022, 6:05 pm IST
- 1 minute read
- The Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai said, “The Government of India has increased the recruitment to IPS from 150 to 200 from 2020 Civil Services Examination.”
- Representative image
Central government has decided to increase the numbers of Indian Police Services Officers. The number of recruitment in the IPS has been increased from 150 to 200 from the civil services exam (CSE) 2020, the Ministry of Home Affairs informed the Lok Sabha on Tuesday. The Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai said, “The Government of India has increased the recruitment to IPS from 150 to 200 from 2020 Civil Services Examination.” He was giving a reply to an unstarred question on sanctioned posts of IPS officers asked by BJP MP Kanak Mal Katara, who asked the ministry number of sanctioned posts for IPS in Rajasthan.
As per Indian Police Service (Fixation of Cadre Strength) Amendment Regulations, 2022, there are 221 sanctioned posts for IPS in Rajasthan, out of which 154 posts are earmarked to be filled up by direct recruitment and 67 posts by promotion.
END OF THE ARTICLE
- PREVIOUS STORY A Self-Sustainable Zoo, A Pioneer in Waste Mana...
- NEXT STORY Two IAS transferred in Delhi