Indian Masterminds Stories
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Government has once again suspended IAS officer N Prasanth(2007 batch), marking the eighth instance of disciplinary action against him since he assumed office.
The latest move follows a series of statements allegedly made by the officer criticising the government through news reports, interviews, video content, online publications, and social media posts.
Fresh Action Over Media Comments and Public Appearances
According to official sources, the state government initiated disciplinary proceedings after N Prasanth reportedly made unauthorised comments against the administration in various media interactions.
In recent days, he is said to have appeared on television chat shows and YouTube channels, where he made remarks critical of the government, prompting fresh action.
Read also: Karnataka Govt Transfers 4 IAS Officers; Fouzia Taranum Appointed Rural Drinking Water Commissioner
Suspension Continues Ahead of Expiry Deadline
N Prasanth was originally placed under suspension on November 11, 2024, for levelling serious allegations against senior bureaucrats, including:
- Jayathilak (then Additional Chief Secretary, now Chief Secretary)
- Sarada Muraleedharan
Since then, his suspension has been extended multiple times.
The suspension period, which had already been extended till November 2025 and later to May 6, 2026, was nearing its end. However, with just days remaining, the government has issued a fresh order continuing his suspension, citing his recent public statements.
Background: Earlier Suspension Over Social Media Post
The officer was first suspended in 2022 after a Facebook post in which he criticised bureaucratic practices and government policies.
This initial action set off a prolonged period of disciplinary proceedings, with multiple extensions and fresh allegations over time.
Pattern of Disciplinary Action Raises Questions
With the latest order, N Prasanth has now faced eight instances of disciplinary action, making it one of the most prolonged and contentious cases involving a serving IAS officer in the state.
The repeated suspensions highlight an ongoing standoff between the officer and the state administration over issues of conduct, public communication, and service rules.
Ongoing Developments
Officials have not disclosed further details regarding the duration of the latest suspension or the next course of action. However, the case continues to draw attention within administrative circles due to its unusual length and recurring nature.
Read also: Who Is IAS Bishnupada Sethi? Gold and Cash Stolen from His Bhubaneswar Residence
Indian Masterminds Stories
Home » News » Bureaucracy News » IAS N Prasanth Suspended for 8th Time in Kerala Over Media Comments Against Govt; Disciplinary Action Initiated
IAS N Prasanth Suspended for 8th Time in Kerala Over Media Comments Against Govt; Disciplinary Action Initiated
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Government has once again suspended IAS officer N Prasanth(2007 batch), marking the eighth instance of disciplinary action against him since he assumed office.
The latest move follows a series of statements allegedly made by the officer criticising the government through news reports, interviews, video content, online publications, and social media posts.
Fresh Action Over Media Comments and Public Appearances
According to official sources, the state government initiated disciplinary proceedings after N Prasanth reportedly made unauthorised comments against the administration in various media interactions.
In recent days, he is said to have appeared on television chat shows and YouTube channels, where he made remarks critical of the government, prompting fresh action.
Read also: Karnataka Govt Transfers 4 IAS Officers; Fouzia Taranum Appointed Rural Drinking Water Commissioner
Suspension Continues Ahead of Expiry Deadline
N Prasanth was originally placed under suspension on November 11, 2024, for levelling serious allegations against senior bureaucrats, including:
Since then, his suspension has been extended multiple times.
The suspension period, which had already been extended till November 2025 and later to May 6, 2026, was nearing its end. However, with just days remaining, the government has issued a fresh order continuing his suspension, citing his recent public statements.
Background: Earlier Suspension Over Social Media Post
The officer was first suspended in 2022 after a Facebook post in which he criticised bureaucratic practices and government policies.
This initial action set off a prolonged period of disciplinary proceedings, with multiple extensions and fresh allegations over time.
Pattern of Disciplinary Action Raises Questions
With the latest order, N Prasanth has now faced eight instances of disciplinary action, making it one of the most prolonged and contentious cases involving a serving IAS officer in the state.
The repeated suspensions highlight an ongoing standoff between the officer and the state administration over issues of conduct, public communication, and service rules.
Ongoing Developments
Officials have not disclosed further details regarding the duration of the latest suspension or the next course of action. However, the case continues to draw attention within administrative circles due to its unusual length and recurring nature.
Read also: Who Is IAS Bishnupada Sethi? Gold and Cash Stolen from His Bhubaneswar Residence
NMDC Launches Summer Camps for Tribal Children Across 17 Villages in Dantewada
UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2026: Tight Security Across Patna, Aspirants Face Tricky GS Paper
UPSC Prelims 2026 Underway Across India; Provisional Answer Key to Be Released After Exam
Panjabrao Ugale Among IPS Officers Brought Back to Thane in Maharashtra Transfer Reshuffle
Telangana DGP C.V. Anand Pushes Tech-Driven Policing Reforms, Forms Special IPS Core Team
Odisha IPS Reshuffle: Smit Parmar Appointed Nayagarh SP, Major Changes in 10 Districts